Guess this stain

Mine look more like pool mom's. They are large and it just looks "stained". I don't know how else to describe it.

I have brushed and brushed (with quite a bit of force) and its like it only makes a small dent, if any.

I raised the cl level to 16 and it held over night. So, whatever it is....it's just going to take some time I think.

hlemon said:
Mine look more like pool mom's. They are large and it just looks "stained". I don't know how else to describe it.

I have brushed and brushed (with quite a bit of force) and its like it only makes a small dent, if any.

I raised the cl level to 16 and it held over night. So, whatever it is....it's just going to take some time I think.

You got it....Pass the POP.

Honestly mine were still there, very faded for most of last season. When I opened they were gone. As soon as the weather warmed up, I "think" I could see them, but your mind starts to play tricks on you. But so long as I maintain the minimum, I don't see them. Oh, just remembered, when I came back from vacation my FC was about 1 and I took the cover off and they were there, very very faint, I think....LOL....anyway, once I raised the FC, no trace. Soooo odd.

You know what too pm?

I haven't checked behind my stairs. I read that other thread and now I'm terrified! Going home at lunch to make sure my stairs are 'clean'.

It would have caused my cl to drop though, right?

If my stairs are clean, I think I am just going to try to keep my cl to 8 or so and wait it out. Besides, when I'm laid back on my float drinking a cold beverage, I can't even see them!!! :lol:

It's hard to be down when you're blessed enough to own a pool! :mrgreen: Even a cloudy one! :lol:

As luck would have it....yours truly left the water hose on this morning and flooded out my pool. Thank goodness for the subpump under my liner. Needless to say, my water is sparkling again but my liner isn't. :lol:

I can't win for losing! Ah...it's nothing a ride to walmart won't fix.

Surprising update!

Last night, I got out a kitchen scrubber....like the kind you use to wash the dishes in your sink and had my husband "sink" me into the pool. If I scrub it really hard with the scrubber, it takes a lot of the staining off....what does THIS mean?

Is it easier to get off now because I have kept my cl to around 8 so it is loosening up?

It actually scares me now that it is algae, although I checked my overnight levels (less that 1ppm loss) and my water is very clear.

I am going to get down there again tonight and try to scrub more off. Does anyone have a scrubber to fit their telescoping pole that works better than the regular brush? It would obviously go faster if I didn't have to keep coming up for air! :lol:

Just be careful you aren't damaging your liner....are you talking about the green scrubby kind? I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on at the water line and it cleaned up the "scum" nicely with little effort. I tried it on my tea stains when they were visible when I got back from vacation but it didn't do anything....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good point PoolMom!!

This is like the inbetween scrubber....like the kind that has one side scratchy and the other side is a sponge...not an SOS type pad or the stainless steel kind or anything.

What do you think it means that it is coming off now? Should I be worried? :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.