Refurbishing an old Aquabot TigerShark and is it practical for me?

MikeZ

Mar 13, 2014
Melbourne, FL
So recently I picked up an old Aquabot TigerShark for a few bucks. I dropped it in the pool and it seems operate appropriately, the impeller is broken, the plastic wheel brushes and filter are tired. The plastic doors on the filter seem to not want to stay in place.

I have a small 10,000 gallon pool under a cage--Maybe 25 minutes to vacuum and brush. When ran it and it seems to just seem to stay in the deep end but does occasionally climb the walls.

I was not really searching for a pool cleaner and just happen upon this. Seems like my options are to either keep it and refurbish it for my own use, or tell it on ebay in it's current condition for about $150.

Just wanted to know everyone's thoughts on what I should do? And how much money would be required to refurbish.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

Your the only one who can decide if it is worth your time and money to repair it. A new one costs around $900-1200 on average. How much would the replacement parts cost? How much time would it take to make the repairs? This should also factor into whether it would be worth anyone else's time and money if you decide to sell it. If the parts are expensive and the job is time consuming you won't get much for it as is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.