Chlorination Combination Question

Jul 25, 2012
Basking Ridge, NJ
Since joining our community of Pool Owners/Maintainers I've paid a great deal more amount of attention to what happens in my pool. I thank everyone for that. I started this year off with new chemicals (I still have yet to cross over to the BBB side) and I was wondering about their 'compatibility.' I'm using 3" Trichlor tabs and Di-Chlor Powered shock. Is there anything I should be aware of with this combination? Is there a better combo I should be looking for?

Looking forward to your comments as always,

Patrick

You can use them in combination. BUT, both of those add CYA to your pool. With continued use, you are going to end up with CYA so high that the FC can't be brought up high enough to be effective.

We typically recommend standard bleach (not outdoor, scented, etc.) for use for chlorination, or one of the automated methods such as salt water chlorine generation.

Since joining our community of Pool Owners/Maintainers I've paid a great deal more amount of attention to what happens in my pool. I thank everyone for that. I started this year off with new chemicals (I still have yet to cross over to the BBB side) and I was wondering about their 'compatibility.' I'm using 3" Trichlor tabs and Di-Chlor Powered shock. Is there anything I should be aware of with this combination? Is there a better combo I should be looking for?

Looking forward to your comments as always,

Patrick
Crossing over?? You make it sound like TFPC is the dark side, when it's actually the pool store method is-dark green$$$$$$ or murky green- also$$$$$$

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.