Pool Blaster Max (Water Tech)

i'm trying to use this unit for the second year now. The first was just fine and was able to recharge 10 - 15 times. But now it won't recharge. Have purchased a new battery pack (should arrive in a few days) and am looking to replace the old charger because from what i've read on the forums, it will overcharge the batteries.

Does anyone have a suggestion for one? Might there be some sort of limit circuit i could build (ha, ha). The output specs on the present, OEM one are: 12.8v, 25 mA

Any help would be appreciated.

Have a great morning! :)

The main thing to make your batteries last longer is not to overcharge them, ie don't leave them plugged in all the time.

I have a couple of devices with hyper-intelligent multi-stage chargers that can stay on charge forever, and a couple of devices where I have to set a mechanical timer with a note on it reminding me to unplug the charger :D

o.k., got the new intelligent charger and tried it out on the old battery pack. No go. Got new battery pack (OEM). It charges o.k., but now the motor appears to be shot. Can't find anything to replace the motor with. Went to a local store (electronics) and got a motor but discovered that there is a gear on the end of the old motor and can't figure out how to get it off. ARG!!!

Maybe it's time to start again and look for a better product.

Have a great morning! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.