Pulled the trigger on a Stenner, bleach injection here I come...

jimsky

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2014
Long Island, NY
Since this website helped me get my swamp of a pool back into shape this season I've been only using bleach. The daily "glug, glug, glug" while kneeling in front of a return is getting old fast. I've already missed a night by mistake and would really like to automate this process.

After much reading of threads I decided it's worth money and effort to have one less thing to worry about. Today I pulled the trigger on a 45MHP10 and a 15 gallon tank, along with a couple of spare tubes.

I'm going the old school electro-mechanical Intermatic route slaved to my existing pool pump electro-mechanical Intermatic. I got the adjustable Stenner version so dialing in the proper dosage should be easy once I have a base runtime setup. Being an electrical engineer this is very much in my comfort zone.

Thanks for all the collective info here members! I'll be posting updates and photos as the hardware arrives and the project gets underway.

Well while waiting for my Stenner and tank to arrive I rethought the electrical side of this. I decided to ditch my old single Intermatic (filter pump) and go for a new double Intermatic. Simplifies things as I installed the two outlet boxes (complete with NEMA 6-20 receptacles, one for filter pump and one for Stenner) with covers right on the Intermatic enclosure. I can wire up the Intermatic enclosure slaving the Stenner so it can only run when the filter pump runs, put the inside cover back on that will hide all the wiring and I'll be done with it.

Attachments

• Timer Box 1.jpg
    Timer Box 1.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 307
  • Timer Box 2.jpg
    Timer Box 2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 305

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got the Stenner pump and tank setup today. Had to remove the 3 foot tall stockade fencing I had hiding the filter, dug out bit of grass and put down patio block/bricks in sand as a base for the tank.

There was a plumbing fitting after the puck chlorinator that tapped water for the Polaris booster pump. I dumped the Polaris and got a Dolphin Nautilus, so I just needed to get an adapter to screw in the Stenner injector/check valve. I'll leave the old puck feeder for now.

The area needs cleanup and a new fence, I just focused on getting it plumbed and operating. Did a run tonight, it worked fine...very happy camper!

Thanks to everyone who as posted info on their installs, it gave me the motivation to do mine.

Attachments

• Stenner 1.jpg
    Stenner 1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 265
  • Stenner 2.jpg
    Stenner 2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 261
  • Stenner 3.jpg
    Stenner 3.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 259
Update:
I just love my Stenner bleach injection setup. The past week has been hectic for me (being out every night without coming home from work first) but without a care or worry my pool's daily chlorine need is taken care of automatically. I'm still checking the FC level daily when I can, but it just bounces between my minimum and maximum levels rather well...dependent upon just when I do the FC test. If you are on the fence about doing this yourself, go for it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.