Is there such a thing as an automatic sweeper only?

jeff

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 4, 2007
I'm wondering if there's a product out there that I can connect to the pressure side semi-permanently that only sweeps the bottom of the pool, basically stirring up the find dirt/dust/silt that accumulates, so that my sand filter can have a go at it? i.e. it wouldn't attempt to collect or vacuum stuff.

I don't really care for the Polaris offerings - big wheeled rolling boxes with big leaf catchers - there seem to be lots of reviews indicating that they are prone to wearing out, and parts are expensive.

I have this vision of a snake like thing with weights to keep it down at the bottom, slithering back and forth with little water jets kicking up everything.

Any ideas or help/advice appreciated,

jeff

There is a cleaner that is similar to what you describe. It is an older design and not that common today but it is still available. It is the Pentair Pool Sweep. They have 2 different models. One is designed to work under a pool cover.

How bout a Ray-Vac? it will pick up things into a little plastic screen tray... leaves, small pebbles, even earrings :roll: But has a tail that sweeps behind it. The screen is way easier to clean than the bags, though will not filter fine debris, which it sounds like you don't care about anyway! And it is sleek, not like a boxy car in your pool

I have a Zodiac Mars HP pressure side cleaner in my pool. Looks like a basketball and so far it's performed flawlessly! Fewer moving parts than other pressure side cleaners but it does require a booster pump. It even climbs the walls and steps in my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.