TroubleFreePat

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
HP was dropped off today and some friends helped me maneuver it into place. That thing is a beast, but not as heavy as it looks. Seems very well built! Now the fun begins in terms of plumbing and wiring. At this point, I probably won't really use it until Fall as the pool is already 82 (And I'll bet it's 90 by the end of the week we'll be having!) But I want to get it rolling to shake out any bugs.

2014-06-17 11.42.14.jpg

Re: Aquacal going in

OK, here's my proposed plumbing. Any thoughts? Recommendations? No making fun of my mad paint skills! I'm trying to keep 90s to a minimum, and having to rejigger the SWG in a small area without doing a 180 on the piping. . . Also want to keep as much room as possible on the side of the HP for service if needed, but also need to make sure I can get to the cartridge filter. . .

Aquacal Proposed Plumbing.jpg

You could save on pipe length and 90s if you turned the heater so the inlet/outlet was closer to the filter. That does make the front panel harder to access, but that probably wouldn't be a big deal.

A bypass isn't needed, but certainly nice to have.

Hmmm, never thought about that. Another set of eyes really helps, and thinking outside the box!

Only question is whether I have the clearance (Clarence). . . They want 12" on sides, 6" on rear. I'll go measure. . . As for dealing with the front panel, I think that's a minor issue. Though I have to see if it could be an issue for servicing if it's turned. . .

That just might work a bit better! Control panel is still easy to get to and clearances are fine.

2014-06-17 14.23.18.jpg

Also found some "damage." When it was delivered, the box was pretty banged up. I didn't sign off until I opened it up and inspected it, but didn't take the plastic wrap off it. I missed that one area has the metal baffles all crushed until I just went out to turn it. Tough to see in a photo. . . I know it will work fine, but there's definitely no airflow coming through this area now.

2014-06-17 14.22.35.jpg

Revision 2. I'm a little stuck. I'd LIKE to have a bypass loop in the mix if possible. . . But I also need to squeeze in my SWG on the return line. There's not enough room to run the SWG horizontal (As shown in this picture) between the existing return and the HP return. But I can squeeze it in if I do a 45 (As shown below) but then I can't do a bypass.

Any suggestions?

Aquacal Proposed Plumbing2.jpg

Attachments

• Aquacal Proposed Plumbing2.jpg
    Aquacal Proposed Plumbing2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 13
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.