adding another return intex ultra frame

csk158

Jun 1, 2014
mi
Looking for any advice and what parts to add another return. I have an intex ultra frame 16x32 rectangle pool. I want to change everything over to hayward but am not sure what parts i need for the return jet. Also if adding the thru wall skimmer do you need a 2nd return if you have 2 inlets. The new filter and pump set up is 1hp hayward pump and 18 inch sand filter.

This is the skimmer you want and it comes with a spare return jet.... :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DPY196/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The skimmer will count as your second inlet, and you can set your pool up however you like with returns and suctions..... I have the 18 x 9 Intex, and due to Australia regulations my pool came with two factory suctions and one return..... So when I add my skimmer, that will give me 3 suctions and one return... I'm going to turn one of the suctions into a return, so i'll have two of each.... :)

I hope this helps... :) Make sure you buy ball valves for all of your returns, suctions and skimmer so you can shut them off if you need to, for things like vacuuming, to give you better suction... :)

Looking for any advice and what parts to add another return. I have an intex ultra frame 16x32 rectangle pool. I want to change everything over to hayward but am not sure what parts i need for the return jet. Also if adding the thru wall skimmer do you need a 2nd return if you have 2 inlets. The new filter and pump set up is 1hp hayward pump and 18 inch sand filter.

When I purchased my widemouth skimmer it also came with a new return jet, gaskets etc. I cut the thru-wall skimmer into the pool and use that as my primary intake. For times when the water is lower than the skimmer / or I want to vaccuum I plumbed in the lower intex hole and used it as a bypass. I am only using one return after my inline chlorinator but I am thinking about plumbing in a fountain.

I cannot stress what laceygirl said enough, be sure to put enough valves/unions so you can open/close different intakes as needed for suction

IMG_5472.jpg

IMG_5473.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.