Patching and painting

Apr 30, 2008
I have a concrete pool that has a BAD paint chipping problem as well as a few chunks of concrete missing. The easist thing to do is hire a professional BUT the cost is too much. I would not mind patching and painting myself. Here are my questions......

How do I patch the missing chunks of cement? They are not HUGE. About the size of a quarter in about 4 spots. What can be used instead of cement? (Why buy a 50 pound bag for 4 ounces of work!)......

What paint do I need?

Can I paint over the current paint?

Any recommendations or ideas?

Thanks!

You can find more than one cement patching products at home depot. One I particularly like is made for setting (anchoring) hand rails in cement.

It mixes vey easily and sets up rock hard in about a 5 minutes....virtually waterproof....I think "Anchor" makes it.

I can't help with paint.

A month or two ago I read a post here, about refinishing a cement pool.
One of the members here had all the equipment, paint, timeline, cost with pictures & instructions on how he did it himselfe. It was very impressive.
But I can't find the thread right now or I would post the link.
Keep on reading this board, going back as far as 2 month & you should find it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.