Dosatron

Mar 31, 2013
Jackson, Ohio
Has anyone used a DOSATRON to inject their bleach?
http://www.dosatronusa.com/products/product-catalogue/D25RE09-11-GPM.aspx

I use them at work on several applications to apply certain chemicals to water prior to adding to a tank.

You would install it inline and the pumped water powers the doser and then takes a gulp of the bleach and adds it to the flow. Very easy to adjust. Designed for chemicals. Very Precise. Reliable. BUT....Pricey...$$$

Anyone use these?

It seems far from ideal for pool use. They are designed to inject consistent concentrations of a chemical regardless of flow rate, while what you want for a pool is consistent amounts of a chemical regardless of flow rate. To put that more simply, one of these will add less chlorine as the filter gets dirtier. It also looks like it will need a bypass, and has a number of other minor disadvantages for pool use.

Even the smallest unit at the lowest setting (.02gpm) is 1.2 gph and if you ran your pump 8 hours a day that would be about 9½gpd. Even at 1 hour run time it'd be too much bleach.

You'd either have to dilute the bleach a lot or you'd have to plumb it where you could take it out of the circuit after a short length of time.

Having said all that. I have looked at the Chemilizer and like the fact that it doesn't require electricity. I just couldn't justify it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.