Any top tracked, Coverstar Eclipse owners out there?

DLO

May 28, 2008
Sioux City, IA
Just wondering if anyone has roughly the same cover set up as we do. We just spent about 10K on a retro-fit Coverstar Eclipse auto cover ( The 10K is with me doing the concrete work :roll: ). The cover measures 24.5x40 feet...wider than most auto covers for a 20x40' inground. The reason for the increased width is the steps entering the pool from the side of the shallow end.

I have had nothing but problems so far....including clutch slippage, uneven cover travel, GFI breaker tripping atc. The intaller has been out here at least 4 times readjusting clutch pressure, rope length, roller tention blah blah blah. The end result is a $10,000 pool cover that doesn't consistantly cover the %$@*&% pool! :grrrr:

I'll take some pics and post them to give you a better idea of what's going on.

.....a little frustrated!

Unfortunately, it's just a matter of getting the clutch tension and rope tension right :x Once the installer finally (!) finds the sweet spot, you should only need to adjust it once every year or 2. Keeping the water from getting to heavy on the cover is a good way to help prevent more frequent adjustments.

The tracks are on straight and square?

I've installed ~ 30 of these and sometimes they need a special piece in one of the leading corners to make them roll out evenly (it's been a few years since I've done one, but the part I'm talking about connects to the boom and cover and allows a little more 'swivel' on the side that tends to stick) If you need a little more on this, I'll try to dig up the info for you.

Waste,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, the track on both sides are straight/square. There were elevator plates installed on both ends of the leading edge to raise it 2 inches or so, to reduce contact with the coping. I had the installer out here again yesterday and we noticed, while running it, that the motor seemed to strain more as the cover approached the last couple feet before the cover close completely. At times, the cover would stop moving forward at that point and you would need to back it up a foot or two and try to re-close it to get it to work. We also noticed that the cover material on the non motor side, that extends from the coping to the track (44" worth/146.6sq/ft total) makes full contact with the pool deck. Obviously adding a great deal of resistance. I'll post a few pics once I get my camera charged up to better illustrate what I'm talking about.

The system came with a 3/4 hp motor. It just seems its a little underpowered for this application. Does Coverstar offer a 1hp?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.