Hayward diverter valve position

Landal

Jun 10, 2014
Conroe, TX
Good day, all,

What an incredible, resource-filled site this is! I have fired my pool cleaning company (once I found that my chemicals were way out of tolerance) and begun to do this myself. I have taken a marginally clean to a fabulously sparkling pool with the advice contained within. Now, on to more advanced actions. I am about to undertake the cleaning of the four filter cartridges in the Hayward C4025 filter. My question relates to the position of the PSV valves from the main drain and skimmers feeding the pump. In any of the three positions there is no way to close off the valve to prevent water from backing up into the pipes once I shut down the system and release the pressure. Is that even a concern? Will I need to re-prime the system? Or will I rely on the pump to pull the water back into the system (with the relief valve open on the filter assembly)?
Pool filter.jpg

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

If the pump is above the water level, then the water will not "back-up" and out of the pipes. The pump will be able to pull the water back up and prime itself. And yes you would leave the air valve open on the top of the filter until water shoots out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.