all new equipment

jrue

Jun 16, 2014
Queen Creek/AZ
This is my first post to a forum. I'm planning on upgrading/replacing all my equipment as I've had some electrical issues and lost use of the pump for my spa years ago. I was told the electrical lines were likely wet and wires have gone bad. I'm going to have at least a minimum 50 AMP subpanel installed (i have a gazebo that I want wired as well as the pool equipment). Here is my plan, Replace 49 sq ft sand with cartridge CCP520, replace 1.5 MaxEGlass with Intelliflo VS, add CCP320 cartridge to the Caretaker/Waterfeature (i'm tired of cleaning the screens and have worn out the threads on the Caretaker valves). My question is figuring out the correct, most energy efficient pump for the caretaker and waterfall. I need the same advise for the spa pump. I was thinking Whisperflo WFE-6 for both.
Comments, suggestions.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Add the state to your profile location ... I know where it is but most will not.

Why would you use a separate pump for the caretaker? I assumed the Intelliflo was going to be used for the caretaker to allow you to dial in the flow rate ... then valves would switch it to spa mode. You could add a separate pump for the waterfall, or even just use valves to turn it on and off with the same pump.

I think you may need to add pictures of the current setup as the equipment you are listing seems like overkill.
To raise your picture storage allotment and post pictures, you either need to Become a TFP Supporter or follow the How To Post Pictures tutorial.

How old is your pool?

I think you should get one vs pump. It can handle the spa, waterfall and the pool. Depending on how it is set up (where the waterfall pump is) the plumbing changes would be cheap compared to the cost of another pump. If you don't combine them you don't need a vs pump, just a 2 speed for the pool, a two speed for the spa and a single speed for the waterfall.

So instead of 3 pumps, one vs pump (say Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050) can handle everything? I would simply install an automatic valve actuator to change over to in-floor cleaning for 4-5 hours each day in the summer, then the rest of the time filter on low speed. I was concerned about TDH and loss of pressure with all the plumbing in place. That sounds too good to be true:)
How do I educate myself on what type of automation system to get to control all this? This is also a swg pool as well. I was planning on Pentair IC40 for that.

I agree you should go with all Pentair. They have several automation choices. I have Jandy and my child is in charge of programing.

You say you currently have separate waterfall pump. Does it pull from the main drain or a separate suction outlet? Less suction outlets the safer the pool. Also if you currently have a single main drain you probably want to switch to an anti entrapment cover.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So if you go with a single pump you will be able to abandon that now nonconforming suction outlet.
What makes that non-conforming? It would be fine if it was valved to not allow it to be the ONLY suction line on with a single pump.

There needs to be a lot of pictures and explanation of the current setup before anyone can provide definitive recommendations.

Oops, see that you posted links to pictures. I generally do not want to take the time to click on a bunch of pictures and prefer them to be visible in the thread, but others likely do not care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.