New Photos of Deck and Pool area

teppy

Nov 11, 2007
Louisiana
I just wanted to come back and post some photos of how my deck came out after the 'deck renew' paint job. I ended up choosing the 'dark sand buff' after getting advice from other forum member here. I think that it came out pretty close to my virtual photos I did in Photoshop.

Here is the photoshop version before:
IMG_0005editeddarksandbuff.jpg

Here is what it came out like:
IMG_0005-1.jpg

In this one, you can see the original color where I didn't get to do the sidewalk yet because I ran out of paint. I'm expecting some more today.
IMG_0008.jpg

Hard to apply, is an understatement. This stuff is like painting a brick wall with a McDonalds milk shake! its that thick. No matter what you do, or how much time you spend really putting it on thick, your always going to go back after its dry and see little specks of spots where you missed. I'm really happy with the results though. It has cut down on the glare trememdously. it is about 2 or 3 degrees darker now too though. My husband has a thermometer gun thingy that you just aim it and press the trigger and it gives temperature readings of whatever you aim it at. its so cool. Hopefully I can get my extra paint in today and finish with this project tomorrow. We are planning our layout for an outdoor kitchen area and fireplace under the covered patio. I can't wait for that.

Teppy- it REALLY does look nice!

Did you mean 2 or 3 degrees cooler? That' our problem right now with ours...it is SO hot and uncomfortable.

Did you have any variation in your previous deck? Our patio and pool deck were poured at two separate times and it looks so bad to me. The new stuff is SO much lighter than the old patio that joins it. I would love to be able to apply something that would make it look the same, or at least closer.

I meant two degrees warmer. :wink: My original patio was exposed aggregate. We just did a kool deck over that at the same time we did the new area. They are now the same. I know that on the instructions on this can it says something about applying to different surfaces, so I suppose it's not just for the kool deck. Here is a link to the website and product if you want to check it out. It comes in a variety of colors.
http://www.stegmeier.com/pool_sealer.htm

I really like this! I see you're in Louisiana. So am I. I looked at the website but didn't see prices or where to purchase. Is it something that a pool builder has to get through a distributor or can anyone buy it?
BTW, your pool and deck look really good...and that's a hard thing to do here with the heat, humidity, and daily rain. :goodjob:

jeannebbooks
18,000 gallons inground irregular shape, AquaLogic SWG, Jandy CL 340 filter, Jandy pump, waterfall with new Hayward Power Flo pump.

new and learning!
South Louisiana

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Teppy...

Love the patio furniture you have there... the lounger, side table and umbrella look great. How heavy is the umbrella setup? Do you leave it out there all the time? I was planning to get a setup like that, being a vinyl pool I am concerned with the stuff blowing into our pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.