Higher % or longer run time?

Iciee

Jul 5, 2011
phoenix
So I recently added a circupool 45+ and was wondering is it better to run the pump longer with a lower % swg setting or shorter run time and higher? This is in regards to prolonging cell life

I currently run it at 30% from 2am-11am and these were my numbers that I tested around 6pm yesterday
FC 3.5
Ph 7.8
Alkalinity 90
Cc .5
Salt 3200 according to cell but 3400 with 1766 Taylor salt kit
Cya tested 1.5 weeks ago was 60 but threw in my floater with couple of 3" tabs to raise the cya a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does not make any difference. The SWG would still be producing the same amount of FC.

With a single speed pump, I would suggest dramatically shortening your pump run time to save money on electricity and upping the SWG output. Most pools only need 4-6 hours of pump run time.

yup. What jblizzle said.
the SWG will require the same effort to make x amount of chlorine.

You really have to play around with it for a while (days or a week or more) to learn how much FC it makes at x percent over a period of time in order for it not to make too much at one time, or let the FC get too low. It very useful to keep a record of your run time, the output percent and your test result so you can track and adjust accordingly.

If you really want to extend the life of the cell, then thats where maintining a slightly higher CYA will come in to play.

Thanks folks for the advice. The current setting leaves me with a FC of 3.5-4 at the end of the afternoon when the pool goes into shade.
The cya issue I'm working slowly adding it via tablets as I do not want to overshoot it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.