Pool Cleaner

Did you fill the hose with water before connecting?

Often a cleaner hose can't supply enough water to keep the pump basket full. Did your cleaner come with a flow control?

The pool cleaners does not need very much suction flow to work properly ... so you should not be trying to pull all the flow through the hose.

A friend has the same vac and uses a skimmer plate that lets him still get some skimming as well. Looks something like this, maybe not exactly the same.

The pool cleaners does not need very much suction flow to work properly ... so you should not be trying to pull all the flow through the hose.

A friend has the same vac and uses a skimmer plate that lets him still get some skimming as well. Looks something like this, maybe not exactly the same.

I will look into that. Is there any chance that perhaps I can get rid of the inline flow adjuster unit? Seems a bit un-necessary.

You know what ... I totally misunderstood. I thought we were talking about ThePoolCleaner (stupid name). I do not know anything about the AquaVac. You just need some method of adjusting the flow rate through the cleaner.

This thing is slow as heck, perhaps I got the wrong thing for my sized pool? Any ideas? Had it in for an hour and it see s to only have done around 15-20% of pool.

Preferably a wall climber that will my 90 degree walls. I have an above ground as indicated below with a soft vinyl liner.

I have a KreepyKrauly with an independent suction port (separate from skimmer). I have to adjust the three way valve quite a bit to the suction port to get it to move (like 80% suction port 20% skimmer basket). It is slow but as the old saying goes, "slow and steady wins the race!" And it can easily do 90deg vertical walls.

Since you're working totally off your skimmer basket, you'll prob need to fiddle with the flow a lot to get it to work. Can you up your pump speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.