Outside changing area.....

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
walking into the house with a dripping wet suit is not acceptable in our house. sometimes you dont want to wait for 20 minutes in the sun to dry off. (plus night time swims). obviously, it becomes necessary at times to take your suit off before going inside. while its not an issue for the little kids, as this is a family neighborhood and no one around would think anything about it if they caught a glimpse of a streaking toddler... for our older kids and us, it would certainly generate neighbor complaints and probably a visit from the local yokels. now while the wife and I are pretty skilled at wrapping up in a towel and removing suits from underneath....

we are in need of some type of privacy area to change in/out of clothes/swimwear.

this is the criteria to be met:

1. Fairly inexpensive.
2. portable / temporary. I dont want it up all year and want to be able to take it down at the end of the season.
3. not too unsightly
4. (breaking out in song) "OOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains.... where your dressing area, if too light weight and not anchored, will certainly blow aaawayyyyy..."

i think you get my point....:p

anyone have any ideas?

I'm thinking you could rig up something with pvc poles and shower curtains. Should be waterproof and easy to take down. If you used the umbrella type of anchors in the ground to slip the upright poles in then it shouldnt' go anywhere, tie the curtains back to a pole when you aren't using them so they aren't flapping around, maybe with a strip of Velcro so it's easy to release.

It depends on what you call inexpensive, for about $300 I would do something similar poobears suggested, but more solid with 1.5 inch rigid metal electrical conduit and some 4x6 grommeted vinyl banner blanks and some rope. Build a box frame with conduit about 4 ft on each side, cover each side with a banner blank, if you wanted to get fancy you could add a shorter bench framed up with the conduit and tie a section of banner blank to it as a seat. You should be able to disassemble it in about 10 minutes at the end of the season, and it should hold up to most weather if the banner blanks are heavy duty and properly strung.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.