Intex Krystal Clear SWG / Pump in series with another pump....

poolsam

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2014
Bangor, maine
I have a Intex krystal Clear SWG / Filter / Pump that I have connected to standard intex outflow/inflow connections. This has a 24 hour timer and turn on pump and generates chlorine as programmed. I want to add a Hayward skimmer with a more powerful pump.

Can I PVC plumb the intex pool outflow to this SWG / pump. Then have both the outflow from this Intex Pump/SWG and the Hayward skimmer connected via a Y PVC to my Hayward pump and then to sand or cartridge filter. From the filter, I would run two pool inflows, both PVC - the existing Intex and another at same level.

I am wondering if the Intex SWG/pump would still allow circulation from the other pump when it is not working. ie, when it turns on automatically to generate chlorine with pump, would that be enough to pump the chlorine into pool. I am iam imagining a scenario at night when main pump is off and intex pump starts up and flows. If main pump was working and allowed flow through intex unit, I can't imagine there being an issue with the additional pump working. When this unit dies, I plan to simplify things with a stand alone SWG plumbed the same way.

intex salt.jpg

I just set up an Intex AG with Hayward dual speed pump, Xstream cartridge filter, and Intex SWG. Everything works great - water flows through swg when it's not on. However I purchased the Intex swg by itself not packaged with intex pump or filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.