Polaris booster pump

Tjmac

Jan 21, 2014
Good morning everyone. About a month ago the booster pump went out. I called around and got a few estimates on replacement ranging from $600 to $800 for parts and labor. After searching the web and finding a the pump brand new for $259, I went that route as my buddy told me he has replaced several units and it would only take ten minutes. Well, it's a month later and the pump is still sitting in my garage.
Is this A job that someone with little to no electrical experience can do? Are there any tutorial videos I can watch before giving it a go? Please, help me.

Depends on how little experience. Are you able to turn off the power and the breaker and confirm that it is off?
Are you replacing just the motor or the entire pump?
The wiring is pretty straight forward, but it is electricity so can be dangerous if you do not know what you are doing.

Hey thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm able to shut down breaker and confirm. I've installed ceiling fans and replaced a few male ends on electrical chords and power tool but, that's about it. I have the entire pump to replace.

The wires on the old pump should be the same colors as on the new pump. Removing one wire at a time, record what terminal the wire attaches to and either remove and attach one wire at a time or mark all the wires on the new pump with the terminal numbers/letters/colors recorded as you remove wires from th old pump. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.