A&A low-profile infloor cleaner valve - experiences?

Melt In The Sun

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Hi all,
I've just completely worn through a set of gears in just 2 years. I know some other folks have the same system, is this the normal lifespan for yours? It makes me wonder if something is getting through the filter and grinding them up, though I've never noticed anything coming through.

Gears aren't that expensive, but it makes me wonder.

The valve looks like this:

Attachments

• 100_0868.jpg
    100_0868.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 26
I didn't answer because I was not sure what brand I have (I am not original owner). Pool was built around 2005. I was ignorant and it took me a while in around 2011/2012 to realize not all my heads were working. I think mine is a higher profile, older model but I looked up the replacement parts for A&A and it looked like what I purchased.

So mine lasted somewhere in the 5-6 year range and I ran it a lot of hours each day with an old single speed pump.
I replaced almost the whole thing and it was a pain because my piping meant I had to cut and replumb as there was no clearance. The next time it happens I may just have all the piping reworked. Hope this helps. It does seems yours failed prematurely based on my single example

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.