New here - Also looking for pool installers in Maryland - Fiberglass

Hi all. New here, but have been lurking for about a month. Looking for reviews / recommendations for inground fiberglass pools installers in Frederick, MD. Anybody deal with Laurel Pools out of Libertytown, or Anthony Sylvan? Any other local installers that I should talk to? Thank you all in advance.

Welcome to TFP! I'm sure someone will be along to help you in your search for a great pool builder in your area. You can try to add the names of some into the search to see if anything pops up. Good Luck and hang around! You will learn so much! I suggest reading other builds to get a feel for what others are installing equipment wise. Also, Pool School is full of educational material that you will need to learn to keep the water up to snuff with sparkilypoolitis! :mrgreen:

Thanks Casey. Just had A. Sylvan at the house. Their quote ($51k) was well over over $10,000 more than a local PB ($41k) we had out last week for the exact same pool (16'x35' fiberglass same maker). Pretty close to apples to apples, but the price differences were odd: local PB charges $1800 for a dark gel coat, but A/S only charged $250. A/S deck jets were only $200 each, local PB $450 each. A/S charging $2350 for mesh safety cover, local PB $1300. A/S $900 to bond pool, local PB included. Local guy cheaper on heat pump rough in, cantilevered deck, and extra return. Only thing we don't like about local PB is that he uses sand as base and back fill. We're probably going to go with local PB and tell him he want gravel base/backfill. Both A/S and local PB had similar included items, i.e. water trucks, 3' concrete decking, etc. Last difference A/S says we could be (could be) swimming by August, local PB says pool would be done mid September. A/S subs out their work, local PB does it all (except electric) so I can only assume when you have to pay the subs for all of the work, the price has to go up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.