Solar heater cover reel suggestions and a big THANK YOU!

Jul 3, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
It took over 2 weeks, alot research here, and a lot of hard work with leveling and set up but we got our intex 12'x24'x48" pool up this last Thursday and kids and dad had their first swim on Fathers Day. Your help has be the best. We have the TFP recommended water testing kit and so far so good.
Now for the day to day stuff. We have a great cover, it's solar and sits great on top. But we need a reel or something to help me get it off the pool easily when it's just me and the kids during the weekdays. I need something that will keep the cover neatly off the ground and can be manually operated easily by 1 person. Any suggestions?
Ill post pics of the pool when it's, all done, we are adding a deck. Thanks again TFP members!

I have the same pool and I was considering putting a solar cover on a reel mounted on top of two fence posts about 1 foot behind the pool. I haven't done this yet but I was thinking installed a 4"x4" about 1 foot past one end of the pool and about 6" wider then the pool. Then mount the reel on top of the posts so it sits a couple inches above the sides of the pool. I feel like I have seen pictures of someone doing this before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.