A fresh start

Jun 16, 2014
Allentown, PA
Hello,
My wife and I purchased an older home with a pool, and like most of the house it appears to be a wreck. The pool was not opened for 2+ years under a mesh cover and bottom was not visible through the black sludge. I've been learning by reading a bit here and also gathering estimates to redo coping, tile and surface, all of which are deteriorating. I've met a lot of nice people along the way and the consensus has been this.
1. Dude, that is a huge pool.
2. It is painted; You have not idea what you've gotten into.
3. I'll give you a price, but can't help you this summer.
4. You need to get your system sorted out before we can even consider moving forward.
5. Drain it and go swimming.

I pumped the thing out scrubbing along the way. Popped hydrostatic plug. For now, it is what it is. I'll need to save funds to redo it next year. However, I welcome the chance to learn my system and get up to speed on TFP.

Is there any benefit to additional repair/cleaning/washing other than cosmetic?
Is there a link to how to begin with fresh fill water, or do I just use standard PoolMath?

I'm leaving town this week, but am ordering a test kit so I can get going on my return.

Thanks for this community, Jeffery

Attachments

• jeffpool.jpg
    jeffpool.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 44
Welcome to TFP! :wave:

If it were a new plaster job there would be startup etc. to do.

Given your situation - make sure it is clean (algae scrubbed off) and fill er up!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.