The Top 10 uses for your old pool chemicals

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Sorry, I got a late start this month. We don't have as much time, so be sure to get your entry in.

It's okay to admit it... before finding TFP, I know some of you bought the pool store sales pitch and took home some unecessary chemicals, products, or other snake oil.

Now that you are in control of your water, what creative uses can you think of for that stuff?

The top 10 will be used in the August edition of the newsletter. :goodjob:

My toilet is sparkling too!!! :lol: I use my old pucks in the toilet. The idea came to me one day when I was dropping one of the bleach toilet cleaners into the tank and had a light bulb moment--I had a ton of unused chlorine pucks in the garage and sure wasn't going to use them for the pool!!

They make my "pool shelf" look impressive and pool care seem complicated (to the uninformed). No one really needs to know that the sparkling water takes almost no work and most of the various bottles of goo are just keeping my stock of bleach company.

Maybe I'll go dust off those extra bottles so they don't look so ignored :lol:

The pH Up got sprinkled in the dog poop bucket for odor management.
The pH down was turned into poison ivy killer.
I'm keeping the trichlor for vacation use.

I gave the hardness increaser to a friend who couldn't afford the prescription :mrgreen:

I to enjoy having it all stock piled in the pool house, much like that Commercial on TV where the mom is making Rice Krispie Square, where she keeps the kids in the kitchen, to which they are yelling..."READY YET?" and she says not yet, then takes flour, covers her face in it, then walks out with finished tray. Then when you finally tell the truth, about how simple it is to keep a pool sparkling clean, they almost cant believe you. For that, I have sealed most of the containers PB brought upon set up and dated them. :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Haybird, that was a good one :p

OK let me try a few, this is fun
- Put them on my Net Worth report, watch my value triple.
- Open up a stand across the street from my PB and sell them at half price; take his offer for full partnership when he realizes what's going on.
- Mix them with bleach and let my kid win the Science Fair for once.

Sell them on E-Bay to a nearby Federal prison, neglect to report that income on your 1040 and end up in selfsame prison for tax evasion (just remember not to use the pool - they don't properly maintain it!)

Amaze your friends and neighbors by sinking spiders in the pool by pouring the linear quat on them :twisted:

Watch your pool go from crystal clear to milky by actually using them :hammer:

Crzyfrlss1 said:
AnnaK said:
The pH down was turned into poison ivy killer.

Did that really work :scratch:

It has so far. We had a vine of it twisted around a tree. We cut a 6" section out of the vine with secaturs - the long handles allowed us to keep at a respectful distance. We mixed what pH Down we had left, about 1/2 of a small pail, with water, put it in a sprayer, and unloaded it on the vine and leaves at ground level.

That was back in mid-May this year. The leaves have died back and the vine looks pretty dessicated. no new growth in the vicinity.

Several of our neighbours use bleach to kill PO/PI, same method: spray it directly on the leaves.

Mods, please feel free to move this post elsewhere. I'm not wanting to hijack this very amusing thread.

Secretly dumping them in a neighbor's pool and then watching him go crazy trying to figure out why his levels keep going up and down

or

using them to create a special mind-control serum to take control of the population on my way to taking over control of the world!! MUWAHHHHAHHHAHHHHHH!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.