Algaecide?

Recently finished SLAM process and converted to chlorine bleach thanks to TPF community so know not to use trichlor or dichlor anymore!! Question is the liquid algaecide (Anthony and Sylvan Pro 60) I had normally put in once or twice a week...is that still OK or should I return the bottle a ought a few weeks ago?

Thx!!

Also, how often should I take water sample to pool store just to check for "metals"? Or is there a recommended test kit for that?

No algaecide required, it is actually discouraged as most add metals.

The only reason to take a sample to the pool store to test for metals is if your ground water has metals in it or you added an algaecide.

Unless you have added metals to your pool in the past through mineral packs or copper algaecide, the only time you need to test for metals is if you are on well water. If your water turns funky colors right after increasing the FC level then you may want to have the water tested for metals.

Return the algaecide if you can. There is no need for it in a properly chlorinated pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.