First Time Pool Owner Needs Help On first Start up

Jun 15, 2014
Mooresville NC
Hi guys,

I am new to this whole pool thing. Installed an Intex 18' X 48" pool this weekend and am looking for some advice on how to get it up and running.
I have begun to fill the pool with my well water living here in the country water delivery tends to be expensive. Is this something I should avoid due to issues with getting my levels correct on initial start up? If I choose to fill with the well water what kind of problems could i expect to run into? I will be running the Intex 2,150 GPH sand filter along with the SWG. i have a test kit on order and hope to see it here in a few days. What would my first steps be once i get the water in the pool. Any help would be great!!!

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Plenty of folks fill with well water. The key is to know what is in your water.

Have you ordered one of the recommended test kits yet? If not you can use the link in my signature to order a TF-100, it is the best value and what most of us around here use.

Once we have a full set of accurate numbers we can help. ...and don't trust the pool store they are wrong more often than they are right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.