Jandy Hi E2 will not fire

Dec 31, 2011
Hi all I have completed my first winter with running my outdoor pool all winter long in Wisconsin. Thankfully it waited until last week for my heater to break and I was able to diagnose it down to the blower which had a bird in it. I cleared the bird and tried to fire it up by it will now not ignite and run. I am able to see the pilot light on and the blower starts per normal put when the gas valve opens it makes a poof sound and stops the gas and turns off igniter but the blower keeps running and it tries to cycle back on every 2 minutes with the same result. It did fire once last night after it did this for about 15 minutes but all day today it will not fire over. I also notice a brief one blink on the ignition control when it makes the poof and then it goes away. Any help will be much appreciated.

That is a complicated and expensive heater. I would recommend turning off the power and gas until you can get a qualified service person to diagnose and repair the heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.