Newbie-New (Green) Pool-Looking for Advice

Back for another update!

I bought myself a DE filter on sunday, and the last few days, i've seen dramatic improvements in the clarity + color of the pool.... maybe I had a bad / inneficcient sand filter?

CC is now fluctuating between 0 and a tiny bit over 0
I'm still SLAMing.. so I still try to keep my FC near 16ppm

Tried the OCLT last night.. and only lost 1.0ppm!

And the best news.. this morning I was able to see the bottom of my pool!

Here is my pool this morning:
photo.JPG

Replies in red.
Back for another update!

I bought myself a DE filter on sunday, and the last few days, i've seen dramatic improvements in the clarity + color of the pool.... maybe I had a bad / inneficcient sand filter?
Did you try deep cleaning your filter?

CC is now fluctuating between 0 and a tiny bit over 0
I'm still SLAMing.. so I still try to keep my FC near 16ppm
It's not necessary to get 0CC but you can if you want.

Tried the OCLT last night.. and only lost 1.0ppm!
Well done! I'd run it a second time for confirmation.

And the best news.. this morning I was able to see the bottom of my pool!
Well done! Based on what you're reporting it sounds like you've fulfilled all 3 criteria to end SLAM.

Here is my pool this morning:
photo.JPG

My CYA has been holding steady at 40 PPM.. I have been testing it almost daily.. but since I've gotten the DE filter, i've had to backwash/vacuum to waste less than with my old sand filter so it's holding a bit more steady.

I have to admit that i'm still not 100% confident in my ability to do CYA readings.

However, I did order the 50ppm standard solution from TFTestkits.com - Hopefully, I will receive that shortly and can use that as a guide to verify my readings.

FC Loss last night was 1.5PPM.. so looks like I can't end the SLAM just yet..

The pool was clearer this morning (I can see the bottom in greater detail), which helped me notice a few pockets of (probably) dead (white) algea at the bottom - vaccuumed them up best I can.

But I can finally say i'm close to the end!!

This forum has been instumental in me getting this far.. I still can't believe how clear the water (even though it is still a tad bit cloudy) is now compared to what I started with..

I couldn't have done it without you guys!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.