Laars/Jandy LX400 sensor stud assembly replacement

DKLO

Jun 15, 2014
London Ontario Canada
Hello,
I have an 8 year old Jandy LX400 heater. Water is penetrating high limit switch cavity and corroding switches. I had the brass sensor stud assembly replaced by a gas tech 4 years ago and have to do it again.

I want to do it myself this time and have the pieces. I have removed top shroud, and header bolts(8). I have to take off header and it is stuck on really well. How do I back it off to access stud assembly?
I'm worried that by trying to forcefully back it off I may crack aluminum (?) piece on which black header fits. Perhaps should I use a block of wood placed on edge of header lip and tap it out?

Please help and thank you in advance!

DKLO

The pieces are either stainless steel or polymer(Plastic). It should just pop off with a good pull.

It's a shame you have to replace this again but unfortunately I see this alot on these units and to me if it happens alot, it's a design flaw. At no time should you have to replace a part a like this. There are so many other units out there that this doesn't happen on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.