Possible heater

I suspect it would probably work, but I have no idea how long it would last under continuous operation, or how well the thermostat would regulate, etc. It does have the advantage of being stand alone with no electrical connection so not much of an electrical shock risk....

There are several problems. First it automatically shuts off every 20 minutes. Second it only produces 3 gallons per minute max. Your pool will probably be losing heat at the same rate this is adding it. Thirdit uses propane so unless you are planning to install a large tank next to your pump you will spend your time shuffling propane tanks back and forth to the gas station. The money you save on this inexpensive unit will be eaten up in operating costs.

To get a good temp rise for your pool an ideal heater should put out 75,000 - 100,000 BTU,s/hr. That heater does not list the output but, I do have a similar one we use for camping trips and it is only rated about 20,000 BTU,s

I have the same pool you do and I used to run a hose into the laundry room and try and heat the pool up with hot water from the hot water heater. My hot water heater is 100 gallons and putting 100 gallons of hot water ( I had heater cranked up all the way) in a 6000 gallon pool would maybe increase the temperature a few degrees.. I just ended up buying a gas heater on craidslist and hooking it up myself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.