[GA] Beach Entry slope code

Jun 14, 2014
Atl/GA
Hello, new to the forum long time lurker.

I am currently in the brainstorming/money saving stage so about 2-3 years from breaking ground.

I'm slowly getting my mind set on round corner T shaped shotcrete pool with a beach entry.

I've read through the Cobb County Georgia pool code (which reads like it is for public pools only) it says the beach entry slope must be 1:12' (8.3%) until it reaches the deep end or slope break. Then with pools that go deeper than 5' you can have a max 30% slope on the floor.

My question is how long do you think a beach entry ramp must legally be then?

From the way the code reads, couldn't I have a 4' long entry then 'slope break' to something more productive like 18%+?

I'm not a fan of stairs or dropoffs or ladders so I plan on keeping the pool small enough to not require two entry points.

Has anyone here built a pool in cobb county ga?

Thanks,
-Ryan

Welcome to TFP Ryan!

I can't help you with your question but it would be great if you stuck around and once you start, that you could share your pool build. It sounds really nice!

I'm sure someone can help you with this though!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.