I need Help URGENT!

Apr 30, 2008
So, I found a dead bird in my pool. Because of diesease, we are DRAINING our pool. (It also needs a new paint job and other stuff that would cause it to be drained so killing many birds with one stone (no pun intended)). Anyways, I pumped water out through the spigot between my pump and filter. It was slow so this morning, I decided to drain via the drainage hole at the bottom of the filter. WORKS GREAT! BUT, after about 6 hours and 3 feet of water (only 1 more foot to go), it stopped pushing water. I had the skimmer closed off (since obviously the water was below it) since I started this method. Filter is dry. Seems like when I put water in the two holes in the skimmer, it starts sucking. But once I stop putting water in, it stops. I have two drains at the deep in so water should be going through them. Any ideas? I need this drained like NOW so I can start work. I do NOT want to hire someone to drain about 1000 gallons out and want to avoid renting a pump for a 1000 gallons. I want to continue it my way but for some reason, it stopped working. PLEASE HELP ME!

(By the way, the water table is not an issue and the pool is cement so "lifting" shouldn't happen.)

Pool pumps can rarely drain a pool. Once the water level gets so far below the pump, the pump can't lift it. You'll need a submersible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.