Goldline salt system with T-15 turbo cell not working

Jun 14, 2014
Georgetown
My salt cell has the low salt and inspect cell light on. It is a brand new cell. The readings inside the cabinet read:

t-15
r1.55
al-1
36P
and back to 300

I have tried to reset the system, but haven't had any luck. If there was a number like 2500 or 2300, I could believe that was the correct salt level, but there is nothing even close to that. I am guessing the 300 is the salt level, but the pool has had a salt system for years and there is no way that the level is actually that low. If any of you has any input on this I would much appreciate it.

Welcome to TFP!

That is showing salt as zero and voltage as zero, both of which are signs that the cell is not connected to the main unit, or the current limiter has burned out.

Start by checking the connections, making sure that the cell cable is firmly connected to the control box and that the cable is in good condition with no cuts or deep nicks.

If that doesn't fix it, and you are comfortable doing soldering, you can read about replacing the current limiter here.

I think I wrote those backwards...so it was actually:
36P
AL-1
r1.55
t-15
and back to 300

Since my last post I have not had any luck. I removed the board and inspected the current limiter, but there are no cracks or burn marks like others have reported. I added one bag of salt and the salt level has since risen from 300 to 500. I have just been adding liquid chlorine this whole season so far, but I want to get this figured out. I am going to get the salt professionally tested, but I am expecting them to say it is like 5 or 6 times higher than it is reading, in which case I am clueless as to what to do.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a brand new cell and was doing the same thing with the old one. I think it is unlikely that the cell is the problem.

Try this:

Move the switch to off
wait 5 minutes
Move the switch to auto
wait 1 minute
scroll through the diagnostic readings and report what they are.
Also, report the salt level when you get it.
How old is the box?

The box says 2003 on it. The cell was replaced this year, although it never was working. I may have found the problem last night though. I bought some salt test strips and did 3 trials. All three said the salt level was 680ppm. I had it tested at a local pool store and they said it was 950ppm. The readings are a little different, but certainly I need a lot of salt. I am going to add some when I get home from work. I couldn't believe it was that low.

What history can you provide?

When did the system last work?

What was the last good salt reading you had?

Has the pool ever had a significant leak?

What is the cyanuric acid level?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.