Buy Bleach - BREAK THE LAW!

muffin_dad

Jan 6, 2014
FloMo, TX
I'm at Leslie's buying some liquid CYA and about to do a SLAM so I ask the pool guy "Do you have any liquid chlorine?"

Pool guy - "NO! That is illegal!"

Me - Really? I can buy a truckload of it next door at WalMart, it's called bleach.

Pool guy - "Oh no that is BLEACH not liquid chlorine. Liquid chlorine is banned and illegal in all 50 states!" :???:

For some reason Leslie's does not sell liquid chlorine in Texas. I think I have heard others say they offer it in other states. Are there any other national chain pool stores in the Dallas area?

Liquid chlorine is banned and illegal in all 50 states!" :???:

Everyone... STOP DOING YOUR LAUNDRY! BLEACH is illegal!

:mrgreen:

I so wish this would work on my hubby on why I can't do laundry! :lol:

Pool guy - "Oh no that is BLEACH not liquid chlorine. Liquid chlorine is banned and illegal in all 50 states!"
Sounds like the mechanic who says your car is too dangerous to drive away without them fixing it for you. Just another underhanded sales tactic, when you can't compete legitimately, you lie. The manager lies to his sales people, they pass it on as if it's fact... :grrrr:

I have to deal with those types far too often in my job, I have no patience for them.

I'm at Leslie's buying some liquid CYA and about to do a SLAM so I ask the pool guy "Do you have any liquid chlorine?"

Pool guy - "NO! That is illegal!"

Me - Really? I can buy a truckload of it next door at WalMart, it's called bleach.

Pool guy - "Oh no that is BLEACH not liquid chlorine. Liquid chlorine is banned and illegal in all 50 states!" :???:

I'm freaking out...throwing away my gallon jugs of Clorox as we speak...I don't want to go to jail! ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just to throw ants on everything! :mrgreen: "Liquid Chlorine" Is illegal to sell to consumers. You have to have a special license to buy and use it.

Now for the caveat! Technically "Liquid Chlorine" is 100% chlorine gas, chilled and compressed until it liquefies. What most pool stores call Liquid Chlorine is really Sodium Hypochlorite (aka Bleach) at 10 to 15%.

Is that the stuff the OP's pool guy was talking about??? Who knows, but he could have heard that somewhere and decided to disseminate the information to fool the less knowledgeable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.