Daily Duties

joe111

Jun 13, 2012
burlington, Ontario
Good afternoon everyone,

So i finished my shocking, pool is great beside the birds that keep pooping in it.. :) So now the game is to keep my chlorine levels up according to the charts, keep the pool clean and scrub once a week. Is that it? Should I shock once a week? Or as long as my level are good the pool is good? Please bare with me first year just using liquid chlorine and I want to make sure I am doing it right.

Please and thank you

Did you complete the SLAM process on your pool? I saw you had another thread on here where that is detailed/started.

You need to pass the three SLAM criteria before going into "maintenance" mode.
1. CC is 0.5 or less.
2. OCLT <1 FC
3. Water is crystal clear.

Once you've passed those three, then you can go into normal daily maintenance of keeping the appropriate level of FC for your current CYA level. See the chart here: Chlorine - CYA Chart. If you always keep FC in the proper range, you should never have to shock/SLAM again.

Most ongoing maintenance is weekly, but you should be checking TC and pH daily and adjusting accordingly. Only takes a couple of minutes.

Once you get to know your pools appetite really well, you may be able to back off to every other day.

Most ongoing maintenance is weekly, but you should be checking TC and pH daily and adjusting accordingly. Only takes a couple of minutes.

Once you get to know your pools appetite really well, you may be able to back off to every other day.

Or test every other day and add the normal amount on the other days without testing. You will need to keep records for it is to easy to mesa up this way. ..oh, today is Saturday? Guess l missed Thursday somehow.

Check and dose daily and you should never have to SLAM the pool until you close it to get through winter mode. I sweep and brush once a week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.