refill after algae/CYA/Hardness issues

I am currently 2/3 done with a refill after mustard algae, CYA of 180, and CH of 875. Got most of the water out - maybe 500 gallons at most left
I am 2/3 done re-filling, water was clear green to start at 8pm last night, and remains so this morning at 2/3 full

numbers at 2/3 full:

pH 7.5
FC 0
TA 180
CH 175 ( hard water here in south Texas)
CYA 0

I know I need to slam, so I just added 4 gallons of bleach. No pump use yet, of course
Should I throw all my hoses and tools in to clean? Or just spray with bleach solution- How strong? Difficult to spray inside of hoses.
Pool math recommends getting pH down, adding stabilzer, adding Calcium for hardness.
Any recommendations as to the order and method of additions? Am I on the right track?
Lots of questions. My wife thinks I should call the pool man. She doesn't understand!! Thanks for all your previous help!!

I just got done refilling mine a couple months ago. It was a bit colder then, so I just let mine fill fully before adding anything. How much longer do you expect the fill to take? I filled my 22,000 gallons in just over 48 hours with the garden hose.

You can start adding liquid bleach but will need to use the brush to stir it up until the pump can circulate it.

PH is fine for now. Add bleach and CYA first. Worry about CH, PH and TA later.

For cleaning the equipment... I'd put the smaller stuff in a large bucket with a fair amount of bleach and once the pump is running and up to SLAM level, hook the hose up for a bit and let the pool water get sucked through it for a while.

Sounds like you are on the right track!

FWIW, it is best to test after your pump has been running for at least 30 minutes, so testing while refilling with the pump off is not ideal. You might find yourself with more CYA. Also, is not recommended to add bleach without the pump running.

You can run your pump if you are able to isolate your lines so that you draw water from your main drain and not use your skimmers.

Thanks gents. started running pump a couple hours ago.
Tested FC again, holding at 40. CYA still 0.
Did some reading, some poolmath, and put 5 trichlor pucks in my feeder and turned to max feed. Math says it should take 10 pucks to get to 30. Sound like a plan?

Pool still green, but I think from what I've read that this part of the country ( gulf coast), the municipal water obtained from the rivers and held in reservoirs is normally green. If it's metal, I understand that filtering will help get it out. I hope so!!

Have you made sure that you passed the SLAM?
You are done when:
A. CC is 0.5 or lower;
B. You pass an OCLT (ie overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
C. And the water is clear.
When all three are true, you are done SLAMing and can allow the FC to drift down to normal levels.

I do not have metals in my fill water, so I can't give you too much advice, but here is an article if you think you have metals: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/137-metals-in-the-water-and-metal-stains

Do you have any stains? If so try to remove them with:
A: Place a crushed Vitamin C tab on the stain - if the stains lighten you have metals
B: Place a Chlorine puck on the stain - if the stains lighten you have algae or some other organic stain

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.