Pentair IC40 to Run 24/7 or place it on a timer

Apr 1, 2010
Ok here's a question. I'm having to replace my current SWG (aquarite) and i'm looking at the IC40.
1. My question(s) is do SWG need to run 24/7 (i'm currently running mine like that 24/7) I never turn that or my pump off they both run 365 (I live in Charleston SC).

2. if i don't have to run the SWG 24/7 how do i determine how many hours I need to have it running and when is it best to run it morning, day or over night?

3. can the IC40 be placed on a timer by itself or do i need to just manually turn it off, since we like to keep the pump going 24/7 to keep the water moving.

I know a lot of questions hit me with any question for more info. thanks in advance.

If you have a Pentair automation system you will be able to set the percentage setting on the SWG by steps of 1%, and that should take care of it.

If you don't have a Pentair automation system, you are limited to setting the SWG by steps of 20%, which is a major disadvantage. You could compensate for that by using a timer, but you would be much better off getting a different brand of SWG that allows fine percentage control without an automation system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.