DIY 20 x 40 in Watson Louisiana

bckcx2

Aug 21, 2011
Watson, Louisiana
Well I just received my kit from Royal Swimming Pools. Everything was very well packaged and arrived with absolutely no damage. Now I am waiting for the excavator to find an available date to dig.
ge5e4uru.jpg

20 X 40: 2' Radius Steel with Princeton liner; 8' Roman Back Sit-n-Step; Hayward EcoStar VS; Hayward Cartridge 2"; Color-Logic LED

Glad to see more people from Louisiana doing their own pools. I just finished a owner build gunite in Gonzales, La. See thread in my signature below. Who's doing your dig? My guy may be able to get to it. Let me know if you need any assistance.

Todd

will be following very closely! my wife and I are trying to decide on which route to take...gunite or liner. looks like my gunite is going to run around $26-$28k w/o the decks, and $18-20k on the liner w/o decks. these type threads will help us with our decision, so thanks!

J

I'll be watching closely. I've been checking out their kits and trying to decide if that's the way we want to go. I'm seriously considering old schooling it and going with cinder blocks and a liner. Think we'll need to concrete the bottom though since we have monster moles, voles and gophers, heard they can dig through the softer bottoms and tunnel under the liner.
I have an excavator guy, no pool though LOL Will live vicariously through your build :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.