cloudy water

rhart

Jun 5, 2014
milwaukee, wi
This is the first year I am trying the Trouble free pool method. My water is cloudy and I can not see the bottom of the pool. This problem began last year and was never resolved. I have a vinyl lined in ground pool approximately 25,000 gallons. I have been adding bleach daily but it disappears quickly. My numbers today are

TA 190
calcium hardness 250
Free chlorine .5
cc 50
cya 40

I will add more bleach tonight but does anyone have any ideas regarding the cloudy water? The filter has been running nonstop for over a week. Last year I drained and replaced about 1/3 of the water with no results. The pool store had no ideas either.

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been slamming the pool for four days now with no visible results. I did however read that it could take at least a week with the sand filter but the lack of even minor results is troubling. I will continue with the slam but was wondering if there is anything else I should try along with the slam? Is there a way to find out if there is a problem with the filter? I can not see the bottom but I don't believe there is sand near the inlets. Any tests for this? My numbers today are

FC 16
CC 0
PH 7.5
CYA 60
TA 140

I appreciate the guidance. Thanks

From what I have read, sand filter can be a little slow clearing up dead algae. You can try adding some DE to your filter. Just enough to raise your pressure 1 psi.
Have you done the OCLT test to see if anything is still living in the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.