Above Ground Pools..Im New what do I put under Legs for Supports????

Jun 1, 2014
Burbank
Im New and putting up my pool this weekend? Please help I am not understanding what I put under the legs for supports? Can someone tell me the exact size to put under each leg? L X W x H Help I am not good I have a Loews near me! I am in Burbank CA

Welcome to TFP!

You're going to need a heavy duty paver stone at least 4" thick and the width of the leg support. Your pool is very heavy and the rectangular intex pools can snap a 1" paver like no one's business.

Hi there, I have the exact same pool.... :) Welcome to TFP....

You will need very thick pavers underneath your u-shaped legs... I've decided to use railway sleepers that are 75mm thick.... :) Your pool is going to weigh 17 tonnes, that's about 17 elephants, so yeah support is crucial... :) I picked up 6 sleepers for $130 :) If you want to go the paver route, your best bet, is the pavers they use underneath trailers.... I believe they're 4" thick... :)

Take it from me, after trying regular pavers/landscape pads that broke in half under the weight of the pool, run to the nearest building supply and buy the 4" thick pads. They are sometimes called trailer pads. The Intex instructions show using plywood.....will never understand how that would work unless installing on a solid concrete pad!

Good luck!

New to Site! Have Questions About What to Put Under AGP Legs for Support!

Do not start multiple threads that you have already asked and gotten answers too. Use the existing thread if you still have questions. Casey~

Please Help! I have never Built Anything and I need to buy Supplies! OK in my Signature you can see the type of pool I am putting up Sunday!
I am clueless about types of wood versus pavers. I need it real simple! This is where I am confused. In the directions it says:

"Basically----- Place 15" X 15" X1.2" pressure treated wood under each support"

So I go to Lowes and have them CUT 12 pieces of wood for me?????? HELP

Is it that simple???? I am keeping it up for summer and taking it down in fall for about 4 months it'll be up in Burbank CA!

Please answer with real simple answers I get so confused. Sorry! Also if anyone has pictures of their supports I would Love You!
I am so GREEN at this! I want my kids to have a Great Summer! Single Mom doing this!!!!Thanks in advance!!!

Re: New to Site! Have Questions About What to Put Under AGP Legs for Support!

Lowe's probably won't cut the pressure treated wood for you. You can use concrete patio blocks, the larger and thicker the better. Something like this would work.

It is also very important that you level the area by digging out the high spots before you set up the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.