Jul 3, 2008
Hello everyone!!!

Our AG install is tomorrow (Friday 7-18) ... they delivered a bunch of items today ahead of time! Infinity 54xl 18' round ... with the pvc pipes from Crystal Pools ...

I registered a few weeks ago and tried to read every post ...

I'm concerned about a few last minute items that the township questioned? We had a 6' cedar privacy fence installed in the spring - didn't get AUTO / SELF closing installed ... didn't think I needed it? The issue is we have a DRIVE GATE 8' wide ... how in the world do I make that AUTO / SELF closing[attachment=2:1vhznxov]Pool 013 (Small).JPG[/attachment:1vhznxov][attachment=1:1vhznxov]Pool 011 (Small).JPG[/attachment:1vhznxov][attachment=0:1vhznxov]Pool 014 (Small).JPG[/attachment:1vhznxov]

Attachments

• Pool 013 (Small).JPG
    Pool 013 (Small).JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 480
  • Pool 011 (Small).JPG
    Pool 011 (Small).JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 479
  • Pool 014 (Small).JPG
    Pool 014 (Small).JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 478
Is there a way you can add another smaller section of fencing inside your fence with the appropriate gate and closure? So even if you forgot to shut the driveway gate, the pool area would still be fenced...

Or put the self-closing hinges on your driveway gate, and just get a block or brick or something and prop it open as you drive through... sort of defeats the purpose of the self-closing gate, since it would be just as easy to forget to remove the block as it would be to shut the gate in the first place.... But you would pass inspection!!

and Welcome to TFP!

ETA I love the way you used your solar lights to lay out the pool footprint! very clever! 8)

The Mermaid Queen said:
Is there a way you can add another smaller section of fencing inside your fence with the appropriate gate and closure? So even if you forgot to shut the driveway gate, the pool area would still be fenced...

Exactly what I was thinking too.

Can we get a pic of the gate you are using now and a few shots of the yard on the other side of the pool towards the gate? Pretty please? :thequeen: I think seeing the lay out will help us make better suggestions to you. :goodjob:

Does the township have another alternative to the auto/self-closing gate? I know mine is pool fenced in or locking ladder. Maybe if you install a locking ladder that would be ok since you already have the yard fenced in. Check with them to see if that is acceptable.

heatmisr said:
Does the township have another alternative to the auto/self-closing gate? I know mine is pool fenced in or locking ladder. Maybe if you install a locking ladder that would be ok since you already have the yard fenced in. Check with them to see if that is acceptable.

The township made it pretty clear that the gates needed AUTO closing? I have pad locks installed on the walk-in gate and also on the drive-in gate ...

I've found some "hinges" online - but the cost is absure, $50 for a hinge and 4 is recommended for a drive-in gate? OUCH!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You could get some of these...
033923563338md.jpg

We have them on our double gate and they work great. There is a bolt head on top of the spring that you turn to adjust how fast/hard the gate closes. Here's the link... Only $8.96 @ Lowes. http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=75292-1277-CD1295&lpage=none

HTH,
Adam

I can understand why communities have rules so little kids can not accidentally get into pools, but, honestly, some of the rules are really going further than what's necessary! I mean, you have a 6 foot tall fence already, padlocks on the gates, as well as the fact it's an above ground pool! :rant:

CentPA_New_AG said:
did you see the dog in the pictures? he's excited too, we bought him a baby boat last night!

I saw no gate and no dog...

... BUT I do now! :mrgreen:

I so missed the both of them. :hammer:

Take lots of pics of the pool. We like pics!!! 8)

PICTURES GALORE! The install is underway ... its stinkin HOT (110) outside today![attachment=1:1st360j6]IMG_0763 (Small).jpg[/attachment:1st360j6][attachment=0:1st360j6]Temp_Outside (Small).JPG[/attachment:1st360j6]

Attachments

• IMG_0763 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0763 (Small).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 231
  • Temp_Outside (Small).JPG
    Temp_Outside (Small).JPG
    32 KB · Views: 225
Self-locking gates are the requirement here also, but I purchased steps that have a self-locking door on the ladder (ladder outside pool/steps going down into the pool). This was acceptable to the Township, but only after I provided documentation saying it was acceptable in many places in lieu of a locking gate.

thank you! its coming along ... a few more photos *(I'm picture happy if you haven't guessed)*[attachment=2:2swo09b8]IMG_0774 (Small).jpg[/attachment:2swo09b8][attachment=1:2swo09b8]IMG_0779 (Small).jpg[/attachment:2swo09b8][attachment=0:2swo09b8]IMG_0782 (Small).jpg[/attachment:2swo09b8]

Attachments

• IMG_0774 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0774 (Small).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0779 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0779 (Small).jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0782 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0782 (Small).jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 164
holy cow - all done! lots of lawn clean-up to do, but thats cosmetic ...

a few final shots - pool temp, 80* right out of the fill truck! woohoo

some local thunder - once it passes - we're going in![attachment=2:3452bp6c]IMG_0784 (Small).jpg[/attachment:3452bp6c][attachment=1:3452bp6c]IMG_0789 (Small).jpg[/attachment:3452bp6c][attachment=0:3452bp6c]IMG_0791 (Small).jpg[/attachment:3452bp6c]

Attachments

• IMG_0784 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0784 (Small).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0789 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0789 (Small).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0791 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0791 (Small).jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 138

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.