Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new guy

1. Back To Top    #1

new guy

Hello everyone!!!

Our AG install is tomorrow (Friday 7-18) ... they delivered a bunch of items today ahead of time! Infinity 54xl 18' round ... with the pvc pipes from Crystal Pools ...

I registered a few weeks ago and tried to read every post ...

I'm concerned about a few last minute items that the township questioned? We had a 6' cedar privacy fence installed in the spring - didn't get AUTO / SELF closing installed ... didn't think I needed it? The issue is we have a DRIVE GATE 8' wide ... how in the world do I make that AUTO / SELF closing[attachment=2:1vhznxov]Pool 013 (Small).JPG[/attachment:1vhznxov][attachment=1:1vhznxov]Pool 011 (Small).JPG[/attachment:1vhznxov][attachment=0:1vhznxov]Pool 014 (Small).JPG[/attachment:1vhznxov]
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new guy

Is there a way you can add another smaller section of fencing inside your fence with the appropriate gate and closure? So even if you forgot to shut the driveway gate, the pool area would still be fenced...

Or put the self-closing hinges on your driveway gate, and just get a block or brick or something and prop it open as you drive through... sort of defeats the purpose of the self-closing gate, since it would be just as easy to forget to remove the block as it would be to shut the gate in the first place.... But you would pass inspection!!

and Welcome to TFP!

ETA I love the way you used your solar lights to lay out the pool footprint! very clever! 8)

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3

I've attached some pics ...[attachment=0:k8mje1tq]Pool 012 (Small).JPG[/attachment:k8mje1tq]

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by The Mermaid Queen
    Is there a way you can add another smaller section of fencing inside your fence with the appropriate gate and closure? So even if you forgot to shut the driveway gate, the pool area would still be fenced...
    Exactly what I was thinking too.

Can we get a pic of the gate you are using now and a few shots of the yard on the other side of the pool towards the gate? Pretty please? I think seeing the lay out will help us make better suggestions to you.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I agree with everyone. Put in an additional (small) gate with self closing hinges and you might have to padlock the big gate (if not already) to pass inspection.

Welcome to TFP CentPA!
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

6. Back To Top    #6

the picture is the one with lights acting as the pool! the gate is there between the newly planted trees?

7. Back To Top    #7

I could hardly see it!

Sorry!

8. Back To Top    #8

Does the township have another alternative to the auto/self-closing gate? I know mine is pool fenced in or locking ladder. Maybe if you install a locking ladder that would be ok since you already have the yard fenced in. Check with them to see if that is acceptable.
    Nicole

21' AGP (10,400g)
    Hayward PowerFlo Matrix dual-speed 1HP pump, 75 sq ft Waterway cartridge filter
    4G Liquidator, Aquabot POOL ROVER S2-40

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by heatmisr
    Does the township have another alternative to the auto/self-closing gate? I know mine is pool fenced in or locking ladder. Maybe if you install a locking ladder that would be ok since you already have the yard fenced in. Check with them to see if that is acceptable.

The township made it pretty clear that the gates needed AUTO closing? I have pad locks installed on the walk-in gate and also on the drive-in gate ...

I've found some "hinges" online - but the cost is absure, $50 for a hinge and 4 is recommended for a drive-in gate? OUCH!

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Casey
    I could hardly see it!

Sorry!
    did you see the dog in the pictures? he's excited too, we bought him a baby boat last night!

11. Back To Top    #11

Ouch, that is high, but I guess in the grand scheme of things, it is a small expense compared to what you've already spent for the pool.
    Nicole

21' AGP (10,400g)

12. Back To Top    #12

You could get some of these...

We have them on our double gate and they work great. There is a bolt head on top of the spring that you turn to adjust how fast/hard the gate closes. Here's the link... Only $8.96 @ Lowes. http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...295&lpage=none

HTH,
    Adam
    18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)

13. Back To Top    #13

I can understand why communities have rules so little kids can not accidentally get into pools, but, honestly, some of the rules are really going further than what's necessary! I mean, you have a 6 foot tall fence already, padlocks on the gates, as well as the fact it's an above ground pool!
    Above ground soft side Omega pool
    20 feet diameter, 4 feet deep
    Hayward sand filter
    Hayward 1 HP Matrix pump
    Hayward Aquabug Automatic Pool Cleaner

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by CentPA_New_AG
    did you see the dog in the pictures? he's excited too, we bought him a baby boat last night!
    I saw no gate and no dog...

... BUT I do now!

I so missed the both of them.

Take lots of pics of the pool. We like pics!!! 8)

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by CentPA_New_AG
    I saw no gate and no dog...

... BUT I do now!

I so missed the both of them.

Take lots of pics of the pool. We like pics!!! 8)
    I missed him too, but he sure is cute! Can't wait to see him in his boat!.....LOL.
    Nicole

21' AGP (10,400g)

16. Back To Top    #16

PICTURES GALORE! The install is underway ... its stinkin HOT (110) outside today![attachment=1:1st360j6]IMG_0763 (Small).jpg[/attachment:1st360j6][attachment=0:1st360j6]Temp_Outside (Small).JPG[/attachment:1st360j6]

17. Back To Top    #17

Self-locking gates are the requirement here also, but I purchased steps that have a self-locking door on the ladder (ladder outside pool/steps going down into the pool). This was acceptable to the Township, but only after I provided documentation saying it was acceptable in many places in lieu of a locking gate.
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter

18. Back To Top    #18

I can't wait to see it all installed.

Your dog is so cute. I love how he found the tiniest patch of shade.

Good luck with the install, hope everything is going great.

Kim
    FG Leisure Riviera Pool 30X15, 14 300 gallons, Sta-Rite 3/4 HP, Aqua Rite SWG, Kreepy Krawly.
    Beachcomber 360 Hottub, 345 gallons, UV Sanitization System.

19. Back To Top    #19

thank you! its coming along ... a few more photos *(I'm picture happy if you haven't guessed)*[attachment=2:2swo09b8]IMG_0774 (Small).jpg[/attachment:2swo09b8][attachment=1:2swo09b8]IMG_0779 (Small).jpg[/attachment:2swo09b8][attachment=0:2swo09b8]IMG_0782 (Small).jpg[/attachment:2swo09b8]

20. Back To Top    #20

holy cow - all done! lots of lawn clean-up to do, but thats cosmetic ...

a few final shots - pool temp, 80* right out of the fill truck! woohoo

some local thunder - once it passes - we're going in![attachment=2:3452bp6c]IMG_0784 (Small).jpg[/attachment:3452bp6c][attachment=1:3452bp6c]IMG_0789 (Small).jpg[/attachment:3452bp6c][attachment=0:3452bp6c]IMG_0791 (Small).jpg[/attachment:3452bp6c]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast