Turquoise water again!

Jul 7, 2011
N. Ga Mountains
Ok, I was on here with issues of turquoise green water a few weeks ago. I ended up treating with 3 qt bottles of metal remover from Walmart the water cleared totally in 1 day. I went on a cruise and my friends came over every day to put bleach in the pool. They stated the very first day the water was again turquoise . I treated again 2 days ago with metal and stain remover, 3 qts . Again water crystal clear. This morning I get up and have turquoise water! My ph is low so I have added baking soda to raise it. There is nothing being added to the pool to add metals. My SWG is not working at this time. It is thankfully under warranty and the company is sending someone over to fix it. Point is, it's not on so I don't think it's doing anything to cause the issue. Will I have to add $60.00 of suff very 3 days to have a clear pool all summer? I certainly can't afford that! At my wits end here.....
FC. 9
CC o
PH. 7
TA. 60
CH. 30
CYA. 40
Salt. 3770

Using Walmart Bleach, baking soda and borax and now metal and stain remover. We did determine that the copper came from on opening adding Algae Eliminator, 1 qt with .3 % copper. .
Please advise if I am destined to turquoise water for the entire summer.

Trying not to replace water at the cost of 400 bucks. But it might be cheaper or we swim in turquoise green water al summer. I really hope not! What is the AA treatment? Will that get rid of this problem? I've had the pool going 4 yrs and never had this issue before. Hoping not to refill until next season if possible. But I hate this colored water. I know...I'm whining....lol

The color is coming from copper in the water. Copper does not come in fill water, so it must have come from the algaecide. That means water replacement will get rid of it.

What kind of sequestrant did you use? Some are far more effective than others. Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective. ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic The Pink Stuff (regular), The Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and The Purple Stuff (salt) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find many other brands with similar active ingredients, some of which are noticeably less expensive.

Will I have to continuously put it in every 3 days? I have cleared the water to normal crystal clear twice. Yesterday it was beautiful...today its not. I will gladly buy the expensive stuff if it will stay...I used Aqua Chem scale ,metal and stain control from Walmart. I cannot find what the ingredients are anywhere on the bottle. I used 3 qts each time and had beautiful water almost immediately only to come back to green in 3 days. I am going now to buy the one with HEDP. My question is if nothing else with copper is added to the pool, should it stay clear once I do this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.