First Post, First Pool! Mystery Equipment

jstew

Jun 5, 2014
Hendersonville, TN
First Post, First Pool...

After much trial, even more error, and about 4 weeks of doing, I am almost swimming. Bought a house with a pool and there is some equipment I am not sure why is there.

The main pump has a branch lone running to a smaller pump (recirculating all water through it), and from the smaller pump there is a line with a check valve that dives underground. There is also a spa blower with its own line diving underground right next to it. There is no spa though! When the check valve off the small pump is open, a very poorly located jet right next to my skimmer pushes water out, and it is bubbly/sudsy and pushes water away from the skimmer... When the valve is closed, I get head pressure inside the blower, and it leaks profusely. I cannot understand why this is set up this way. I have considered capping both the line to the blower and the direct line to the smaller pump, but am concerned this may cause too much pressure buildup in the system. But I don't know what else to do.

Any suggestions as to what the heck I have in terms of setup as well as advice on how to stop the leak/sudsiness would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.