bbrock

Apr 15, 2014
Livermore, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Sorry this is duplicate if u have been reading my thread "I'm on board; Want to ditch pool guy." I figured maybe thus should be a separate thread. Here is the post :

Kiss4afrog, yes, I am pretty sure I did the test correctly per the TF100 instructions. I even verified on the Extended Test Kit Directions by Jason Lion at this site that the volume was 10 ml (as stated in the TF100 instructions) vs. the 25 ml sample called for in the Extended Test Kit Directions. I used a 10 ml sample of water and followed the directions in the TF100, and then multiplied by 25. But, now you have me second guessing.

I just checked the TF100 website, and it calls for a 25 ml sample to be used. The laminated card in my kit calls for 10 ml sample. At the Extended Test Kit Directions, it reads:
If you expect that your CH level is extremely high, you can do the test so that each drop is 25, instead of 10, to speed up the process and save on reagent usage. Use 10 ml of pool water, 10 drops of R-0010, 3 drops of R-0011L, and multiply the number of drops of R-0012 by 25 to get your CH level.

I don't know why TFTestkits has differing information on the laminated card with the TF100 kit vs. what I read at TFTestkits.net with regards to the sample size for the CH.

Is this any reason for me to retest and use the 25 ml sample? Using the 10 ml sample this AM, my level was 900. This is high, but much better than what I started at which was 1500. Per Pool Calculator, if I manage adjust my pH & TA, a CH of 900 can be managed and my water balanced per the CSI.

Tx Jblizzle. That's why I thought the 10 ml sample would be better to use as it saves on reagent, but yes I did wonder if the 25 ml sample would yield differing results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.