From installation to SLAM and beyond (previously Future Pool Location)

S1ngram

Jun 7, 2014
St. Bernise, Indiana
I've attached pictures of my future pool location. As you can tell, Stripes the wonder cat (as in, I wonder where she's from?) is somewhat less excited about the pool than I am. The little orange flag in the background is the center of the pool. The other picture is just so show further excitement about pool ownership. What's not in the picture is the tf 100 test kit I just ordered today. If the rain slows down enough for the ground to dry, the pool install can begin and I can send more pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_20140611_182730.jpg
    IMG_20140611_182730.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 996
  • IMG_20140611_182842.jpg
    IMG_20140611_182842.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,008
Re: Future pool location photo

Congratulations on your up coming pool ... but, please do not buy chemicals before you need them. This is why we no longer use the BBB term. Odds are you will never need to use the borax or the baking soda. So, you may end up just having to use them in your laundry and refrigerator.

You can certainly buy stabilizer (fill water has none) and bleach though.

I knew I could use the baking soda for tons of other stuff, same goes for the borax. Is there a certain stabilizer recommended? My local Walmart carries hth products, Rural King has a pool section and I can also buy from the pool store.

Your cat looks like our pure bred Siamese seal point lynx. They have a brown nose and a M in their fur on top of there head. good luck with your pool!

Today is the day!

I merged your threads to keep your story together. You can change the title of the first post if you like in the Advanced Editor. jblizzle

Woohoo! They are finally here and have gotten started. Pool should start going up tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I knew I could use the baking soda for tons of other stuff, same goes for the borax. Is there a certain stabilizer recommended? My local Walmart carries hth products, Rural King has a pool section and I can also buy from the pool store.

You could always pickup up a few more boxes of Borax and a couple gallons of Muriatic Acid and improve the water. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/4655-So-you-want-to-add-borates-to-your-pool-Why-and-How

This is the well water going into my pool. It might as well be pond water. It has a yellowish green color. The picture makes it look worse than it is. It is clear, at this point with only 12" of water in the pool. Nothing has been added to the pool. My pH is in the 7.8-8.2 range. I have the tf-100 test kit, but I'm not sure what, if anything else, I should try to test.

I found this deck somewhere on the internet and I'll probably do something like this. I have wedding cake steps to lead down into the pool.
The deck will go on the closest side of the pool (where the two guys are standing together).
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/KJbhAOuOjeE/hqdefault.jpg

I'm planning to order the Kreepy Krauley Lil shark vacuum, the stirrer for tf-100, and I want to get or make something for easily storing my solar cover. I've been looking at the saddles that you can install on the side of the pool and the solar roller or something similar. If I get the solar roller, I will still have to build something to keep the cover off the ground. Maybe that's overkill, but all I can think of is all the grass, etc that I would end up putting I to the pool if I put the cover on the ground. So many choices.

Gosh am I feeling nervous! First, let me say I'm going to follow the recommendations of this board. The question is, do I have the pool place add the starter chemicals that came with the pool package or not? Included are: 5lbs. Easy Pool and 4lbs. chlorine tablets.

Just talked to pool store. Iron in the water is common in our area so they are recommending something that will remove the iron before I add the chlorine so my liner won't get stained. They were going to drop the wedding cake steps in tomorrow when they were here, but should I wait until the iron issue is resolved?

I tested for TA and am confused by my results. By red, do they really mean dark pink? When I hear red, I think of fire trucks. After 30 drops of R-0009, all I ever got was dark pink. Around 24 drops, the water turned from clear to light pink and stayed that way. Do I go with that number or do I go with 28, which is where the color deepening stopped. If I did it right, my TA is 240-280...pretty high since 70-90 is what is recommended here.

First time using pool math...IF I did the test right, and IF I did the pool math right, I would need to add 33+lbs. of baking soda to get to a goal of 90. Yikes!

All tests, you add drops until the color change stops. The last drop resulting in no change does not count.

Baking soda raises TA. If you are already at 280ppm ... then you clearly should not add baking soda.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.