Pool Skim

It works as advertised. As a gadget guy, this is kinda rare. I leave it in all the time and it catches at least 90% of my debris. Easy to clean. Nothing to really break. one-half psi increase on my pressure gage. I have not tried other product (dirt devil line?) but there is discussion in archive.

I use skimmer socks for a silt problem in my area. I clean socks when they are clogged with silt/pollen, not from leaves anymore.

I'm looking forward to a major leaf problem in the fall.

Since I am my own "pool guy" this year this looks like it might help.

It looks like someone will inevitably bump into it and break my 20 year old plastic outlet insert since they weren't designed to serve as an attachment point.

Is that a threat?

How secure is the attachment?

I also have a twenty year old inlet. 1-1/2" pvc pipe, no threads. Therefore, the pool skim insert is only a friction fit. I had to use pvc glue to build up the insert (will not be permanent if done underwater. don't use an epoxy). The kids' floats bump the skimmer and occasionally it will loosen and fall out. But I figure thats okay, it is a safe weakpoint. I have thought about tapping my inlet pipe, but this works well enough.

The inserts that come with the pool skim facilitate an off-the-shelf fountain(s), which is good for raising your ph without affecting your alky. And they're a lot of fun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.