Bond to rebar?

Blueskies21

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2011
Middle TN
So we're about ready to pour the coping on our pool in the next couple of days if the rain will hold off and I have a bonding question. I think I'm probably just being overly cautious. So we did the "alternate means of bonding" described in the 2011 NEC which is essentially a #8 wire, (technically we used #6) looped all the way around the pool 18 to 24 inches away from the pool wall and 4 to 6 inches below subgrade tied back into the pool walls(vinyl) and into the mounts for the ladder/hand rail. Now the pool builder is laying out rebar to be encased in the coping. Should I tie that rebar into the #6 loop around the pool? If so, what do I need to put on the rebar to tie it into the copper. I assume I can splice a pig tail onto the loop end with brass bolt splice, but i wasn't sure what needed to go onto the rebar? Grounding lug? Thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.