Clock on Pool timer

Jun 10, 2014
HOUSTON
Several of the teeth on my filter pump timer were broken so I replaced both the filter pump timer and the pool cleaner timer with 7 day timer. I had 24hr timers previously. The clock in the middle of both new timers would not work so I thought it was just user error and to confusing to use the 7 day timers so I went back and bought one 24 hour timer. I put this new 24hr timer on the filter pump and put the old 24hr timer that was still in good shape, back on the pool cleaner side. The old one on the pool cleaner side work as it should with the clock keeping the correct time. The new one, however, like the 7day ones, the clock is not working. My question here is, is there something that we're missing when installing the new timers to make the clock work? Just seems weird that on the news ones, the clock does not work which makes the timers useless and on the old one that had been installed since the pool was installed, works fine.

All timers are Grasslins.

Thanks in advance for any help...I am at my wits end with this thing.

Welcome to TFP!

A photo of the timer wiring might help us see what the issue is.

I see two main possibilities. First you might be supplying the wrong voltage, something other than what the timer motor expects. Second, you may not have connected power to the timer motor, which is sometimes separate from power for the thing the timer switches.

Here is the picture of the wiring. The one on the left is the old one connected to the cleaner and the one on the right is the new one on the pump. That's the one that the clock is not working on. Does it matter that they have numbers? New one is 01.76.0019.1 and old one is 01.76.0049.1.

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 25
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.