Small bubbles in a return line

steveg_nh

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 7, 2013
Southern NH
I read a bunch of threads on this, and I'm pretty sure it might be my SWG, but I figure I'll ask anyway...

I notice, from time to time, not always, small bubbles coming out of the closest return line/jet, the one next to my polaris port. The other 3 are fine, no bubbles at all. I have no bubbles in the filter basket at all (solid water) either. When I open the filter basket and reseal, it takes about 15 minutes to clear out the air. Also, I show no signs of leaks above ground, and my water level only seems to drop a bit due to splash out and evaporation. I read that SWGs can introduce bubbles. Is it as easy as, shut the SWG off and see if they go away? Is it an instant affect on the bubbles?

I will say now, although I want to double check, that I can hear something, maybe a slight hiss, when I'm seeing the bubbles. But I would think that makes sense and isn't an indicator of another issue or real leak. At least I hope not. Pool is pretty much new and patio was literally just finished yesterday!

I'll also double check my strainer basket O ring and filter drain plugs tonight.

Thanks.

Ok, I'll check that out. Would it make sense that I'd only see it in the one line though? The PB said to check weirs (fine), water level (mid skimmer, fine), filter pressure (fine - just backwashed last week, although he suggested doing it again), and the SWG.

Just took a quick look before heading to son's baseball game. No bubbles at all out of that return. Smooth as glass. Didn't check to see if SwG was running but I assume if I had another problem it would have still been happening. I'll check deeper tomorrow. So is it this inclination of SWGs to produce bubbles that results in the ph rise we see from their use?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.